Visit us on Google, leave a review or get a map of our location
Sprint Speed - Agility - Explosive Power - Strength - Sports Performance - Elite Fitness
Customised Online Coaching and Training Programs
Local Squad Training (Merrylands/Granville)
One on One Training (Sydney). Limited Places Available
Sprint Ninja Assessment Session
The Sprint Ninja Assessment: Fitness testing, training program & biomechanics coaching.
Train With Us. Click Here.
Welcome to Sprint Workouts, your complete resource for sprint training workouts. In this section we will post sprinting WODs that are suitable and applicable to a wide range of athletes, such as CrossFit, soccer, American football, rugby, tennis or as a cross-training resource to add to your training schedule.
The workouts contained here will be updated at regular intervals. They don't have to be completed in any specific order. Use this section as a resource for specific workouts to incorporate into your program.
The workouts featured here are either specific sprint training sessions, or sessions that are designed to indirectly improve sprinting speed and/or speed-endurance.
Snatch high pull for 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps
Use a weight that is heavy enough that you struggle to complete the reps. Maximum explosiveness should be applied.
Leg Speed Session
High knee sprinting on the spot for 12 intervals of 20 seconds
Emphasis on moving the legs as fast as possible.
Hang Cleans (full squat version) for 5-5-5-5-5 reps @ 75% of 1RM
Hang power snatch for 5-5-5-5-5 @ 75% of 1RM
Aim to complete each set in under 30 seconds.
Varied-stride pattern: This workout involves varied stride length and speed to provide contrast and develop different qualities such as increasing stride frequency and stride length.
HOW: Mark out a 50m stretch of ground to sprint along. Place a marker at about 15m then again 15m from there. Start by sprinting with deliberately short strides, with the focus on "quick feet". At the first marker break into super long, exaggerated strides. At the next marker hit a normal sprint as fast as you can to the end.
Do 10 x 50m
High Knee Sprint Session: This session is designed to correct and improve an important biomechanical component of sprinting power. With greater knee lift you can exert more power per stride, which translates to faster sprint times.
HOW: For each sprint you will exaggerate how high your knees lift while still maintaining a relatively natural stride. It's not like the high knees warm up drill, you are still sprinting, but with a bit of an exaggeration towards higher knees.
Do 15 x 25m
Sprint at 100% maximum pace for as long as you can possibly manage. When you start to slow down significantly and can't possibly maintain a sprint, that is where you stop. Do this for a total of 3 sprints. Rest 2-3 minutes between sprints. Sprint workouts.
Choose a method of resistance. This can either be a sled, a hill, a sprinting parachute or ankle weights.
Sprint 50m x 10 using your chosen resistance method for each. Rest 90 seconds between sprints.
Single leg bounding for 5 sets of 3 on each leg. Rest 30-60 seconds between sets.
10m starts x 15 - Practice the first 10m of a sprint. Be as explosive as possible.
Progressive acceleration sprints x 5 - Over a distance of 100m, start running at a slow pace, then gradually increase your speed. By the time you reach around 70m you should be at maximum pace, continue at max pace for the final 30m. Make the acceleration as gradual and even as possible. Sprint workouts.
Instead of going to a field or track, head outside as if you were about to go for a steady long run.
Jog 100m, walk 100m , jog a little faster 100m, walk 100m, run at 75% of your maximum pace for 100m then walk 200m. That's your warm up.
Keep walking along your route. Approximately every 60-90 seconds, perform a maximum pace sprint then stop and walk again. Vary the distances of each sprint from 10m to 200m.
Allocate 30 minutes for the entire workout.
Distances are only approximate, so just estimate. Sprinting wod.
Speed endurance session (good for middle-long distance runners)
This can either be done on a 400m track, along the road/path like a normal distance run, or simply up and back on a football field. Sprinting wod.
Start at a jog and jog at a slow pace for approximately 60 seconds. At the start of each minute, sprint 100m (can be an estimated 100m) then go back to a jog. Do this on the minute every minute, with the remainder of the minute being slow jog recovery.
Repeat speed session (good for players of team sports like rugby or soccer)
Mark out 10 different distances ranging from 10m to 80m.
On the start line sprint to one of these distances at max pace then walk briskly to the start and sprint again to one of the markers. Vary the distance on each sprint, keep it random and keep rests only as long as it takes to briskly walk back.
Keep going for 40 minutes.
Short to long
10m starts x 10
25m x 8
70m x x5
200m x 1
Run at a moderate pace for 20m until the start line, then hit full sprint pace for a further 20m.
Do 12 total sprints, rest 90 seconds between sprints.
Simple speed and volume session
10 x 100m sprint at absolute maximum pace. Rest 90 seconds between sprints.
Run on the spot with high knees as fast as possible for 20 seconds and then immediately sprint 200m at max pace. Do 3 in total, rest at least 2 minutes between sprints. Then…
2 x 400m time trial. Rest at least 3 minutes in between.
Pure speed session
Max pace sprints for 15 x 25m. rest 90 seconds between sprints.
Max pace sprints of 10m (just starts) x 15.
Progressive acceleration – run at a slow pace then gradually increase speed over a distance of 80m until you hit maximum pace for the final 20m. Rest 90 seconds between each and do 5 sprints. Sprinting wod
Return to our home page from sprint workouts.
- Sydney Sprint Coach Blog
- The Sydney Sprint Coach blog will keep you up to date with all changes made to endlesshumanpotential.com subscribe now to keep yourself updated.
- Sprint Ninja Training System
- The Sprint Ninja training system is a complete system of sprint training and high performance...
- Sprint Workouts - Sprinting WOD
- The sprint workouts section is designed not as a complete training program in itself, but as a section providing sprint workouts...
- Sprint Ninja Challenges - Official Sprint Ninja fitness testing and ranking.
- Welcome to the Sprint Ninja Challenges section. Here you will find benchmark challenges and fitness tests based on the Sprint Ninja training methods....
- Contact Sprint Ninja
- Contact Sprint Ninja: Join Us Or Ask A Question
- Sprint Training
- Sprint training is a form of training applicable across a large range of domains for both the individual and the athlete....
- Strength Training Hub
- Welcome to the Sprint Ninja Strength Training Hub. The aim here is to give people an in-depth, working knowledge of strength and how to obtain it....
- Sport and Exercise Science Articles
- Welcome to the sport and exercise science articles section. Here you will find articles and information that explains the science behind fitness and performance training, how the body works....
- Sport and Athletic Conditioning Articles
- Welcome to the sport and athletic conditioning articles section. Here you will find articles pertaining to specific sports and athletic events....
- Nutritional Guidelines
- Nutritional guidelines are a confusing topic for most people. There is so much contradictory information available online....
- Early childhood physical development
- Early childhood physical development is just as important as childhood mental and psychological development...
- Weight Loss Articles
- Welcome to the weight loss articles section. Here you will find articles and information specifically targeted at weight loss/fat loss....
- General Fitness Articles
- Welcome to the general fitness articles section. Here you will find articles and information that applies to fitness as a whole but does not fall into other categories....
- Power Training
- Power training is often a very confused and confusing component of training, for both the general public and among coaches/trainers. ..
- Psychology of Speed
- The psychology of speed, an often underestimated aspect of the development of sprinting speed...
- Ideal Fitness Program
- The ideal fitness program is something people have been searching for ever since we discovered that regular and planned training can change the....
- Training Objectives
- This is a comprehensive set of guidelines, training objectives and an overall plan to be applied to all training programs...
- Ten Components of Fitness
- The ten components of fitness are the aspects of physical development that UNLEASHED Training aims to facilitate. Most programmes focus on only one or a small number of these fitness components...
- Definition of Fitness
- The definition of fitness is so difficult to pin down. I have searched for a definition for years, ever since I first started my studies in fitness, strength and conditioning. I have witnessed...
- Art of Movement
- The art of movement is something you will see discussed in many texts, in one way or another. This is a concept that was visited, studied and developed hundreds and even thousands of years ago...
- Body Weight Exercises
- The following is a list of body weight exercises used by Unleashed Training as part of the Evolve fitness program. This page includes just simple text descriptions of each exercise...
- Body Weight Workouts
- Welcome to the UNLEASHED body weight workouts. Here you will find workouts of all kinds in a mostly randomised manner....
- Minimalist Fitness Programs
- Minimalist fitness programs are simplified fitness programs that can be used for total development of one or more components of fitness. ..
- Military Fitness Articles
- Welcome to the military fitness articles section. Here you will find articles and information that applies to military fitness....